Biodiversity & Conservation
We support and conserve Irish biodiversity by donating to local and national biodiversity organisations.
- We work with HomeTree here in Ireland and pledge hundreds of trees annually.
- Our grounds have areas that are rewilded and we also have selected areas for reduced mowing throughout the year.
- In 2021 we introduced a €1 table charge in our restaurants, for unlimited still and sparkling water. The Food & Beverage teams across both hotels have been diligent in ensuring these charges are correctly accounted for. This allowed us to donate €2600, in March 2022, to the local charity Mountain Meitheal and over €1200 to supporting the UN Sustainability goals through South Pole.
- We will continue to choose various environmental charities to donate to every six months.
- We are delighted to be members of the All-Ireland Pollinators Plan and aim to be continuously active in helping pollinators where we can.