Covid-19 Putting Safety First
A message from Marcus Treacy, General Manager
Dear Killarney Park Guests,
We are delighted to be able to welcome our guests to the hotel and look forward to showing off our beautiful surrounds.
It has been a huge relief to have taken the next big step towards offering a more natural welcoming visitor experience and it is wonderful to see our town and location once again being enjoyed to its fullest.
Having said this, we are of course aware that Covid-19 has not disappeared and we want to reassure you that our top priority has always been, and remains, the well-being and safety of our guests and team.
Thankfully The Killarney Park was not tasked with an overwhelming list of changes when Covid-19 adaptations were initially implemented. As our teams worked through the designated safety check-lists, we were proud to note that so many of these elements were already part of our standard cleaning and sanitisation protocols and this made the adaptations quite manageable.
We have worked hard to continuously develop our safety and hygiene plans. All current plans are in line with the Irish Government and The World Health Organisation protocols. We are proud to continue to wear the “Covid-19 Safety Charter for Tourism and Hospitality” badge. This badge endorses our level of commitment to ongoing safety measures. It means that each and every member of our team has completed hygiene and safety control training and that The Killarney Park has pledged to follow the recommended cleaning and safety guidelines, as laid out by Failte Ireland and the Irish Government.
The below information will guide you through these plans and we hope it will offer you peace of mind. We completely understand that each individual will emerge from this pandemic at a time that is right for themselves and their own personal situation.
Thank you for your continued support of The Killarney Park and I hope to welcome you soon.
Keeping You Safe Throughout Covid-19
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will receive communication guiding you through a simple check-in process, helping to reduce contact time at our Reception Desk.
- A Safety Information Booklet is available, explaining the procedures that you will need to be mindful of when interacting with anyone in the hotel.
TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED OR ARRANGED BY THE KILLARNEY PARK HOTEL
- Face masks will be worn by drivers, in line with Government health guidelines.
- Masks will be provided to all guests who have hotel transport booked.
- Frequently touched areas will be disinfected prior to each collection. (ie: handles, buckles, buttons etc.)
- Drivers will adhere to the key rules for frequent hand washing or hand sanitising. This will occur prior to and after disinfecting the car and prior to and after all transfers.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- You will be invited to wash your hands upon arrival.
- If you are staying with us between 7th December 2021 and 9th January 2022 , you will be asked to show your Covid Pass upon check-in. This will prevent further unnecessary rechecks each time you wish to enter The Garden Bar, The Park Restaurant, The Health and Fitness Club and The Spa during your stay.
- Unfortunately, our complimentary valet service will not be available until further notice.
- The hotel doors are automated, therefore no contact is required.
- If you are part of a family gathering, we encourage just one representative from your party to approach the check-in area, while the others relax in our lobby area.
- Our door attendants will wear face masks as required by Government health guidelines.
WHAT YOU WILL NOTICE DURING YOUR STAY
- All colleagues will wear face masks where stipulated by Government health and the WHO guidelines.
- Automatic social distancing monitors will be operating at all reception desks.
- Hand sanitisers will be readily available throughout the main hotel and non-visible service areas of the hotel.
- Signage to encourage and remind people about regular hand cleaning and social distancing protocols will be visible throughout the hotel and non-visible service areas.
- Contactless payment and emailed invoices will be encouraged.
- Newspapers and magazines are on offer via a complimentary digital access code for your own device.
- Elevator signage will advise that only two guests may travel per elevator – unless they are part of a group travelling together.
- Furniture will be rearranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Restaurant tables will be adequately spaced apart and the number of diners will be reduced in both restaurants, in line with safety protocols.
- All restaurant linen will be replaced and tables sanitised after each individual sitting.
- All meals will be provided “a la carte” style, some cold items may be available for hand collection and we ask that you maintain social distancing practice.
- Menus will be sanitized after each guest.
- Place mats will be changed and disinfected after each party has left.
- In-room dining will be conducted with minimal contact or you can opt to have your order left outside your door. All food is covered throughout transit.
In Your Room:
- Government and WHO guidelines for cleaning and sanitising guest rooms will be adhered to. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. (ie: telephones, remote controls, handles, taps etc).
- We use GREENClean Terasano which both cleans and sanitizes in one, while supporting our fight against Covid19. This product also protects our team and our guests from toxic emissions from cleaning chemicals and reduces allergic reactions to chemicals.
- In-room cutlery/crockery will be machine washed at temperatures of no less than 82C.
- In-room bins are disinfected with GREENclean Terasano.
- Housekeeping service will be once per day and can be arranged at a time that suits you. Alternatively you can communicate with our housekeeping team using provided door hanger signs. (ie: Towels and Water Only, No Service Required)
- Bed linen will be handled with extreme care so as to avoid lifting dust. Linen will be bagged, sealed and removed for laundering. All linen is laundered at a minimum of 70C for at least 25 minutes.
- Housekeeping will open windows when servicing a room, ensuring adequate ventilation.
HEALTH AND FITNESS CENTRE & SWIMMING POOL
- The number of guests in the Health and Fitness centre and pool will be controlled, bookings are required for this area of the hotel.
- We recommend using your guestroom for changing into bathing and gym gear. (Robes are provided). If you wish to use the pool changing facilities you may do so. A strict sanitisation programme is in place for this area.
- The Bubble Pool and Hot Tub are available for guest use. A minimum of two people from the same family unit can avail of these areas at any one time.
- Government and WHO guidelines are used for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all pool areas. High-touch points will be repeatedly sanitised (ie: chairs, handles, rails, desks etc).
- The pool area will be pressure washed and sanitised each evening and regular chemical/chlorine checks will be done and recorded.
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Prominent signage and hand sanitiser dispensers are located throughout the service and back areas of the hotel.
- All public areas are cleaned and sanitised in line with Government and WHO guidelines. Extra care is given to sanitise high-touch points such as chair arms, tables, handrails, door handles etc.
- Luggage carts are disinfected every four hours.
- All soft furnishings are steamed regularly.
- Food Safety/HACCP* – We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practice across all areas of food preparation for our restaurants and in-room dining. *Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point.
- All dining areas will be ventilated after each meal period.
- Goods delivered to the hotel will be inspected, and goods arriving in dirty containers or unsatisfactory vehicles will be immediately rejected.
- Our loading bays are equipped with alcohol hand sanitisers for both the suppliers and our own colleagues.
- Our goods received area will be cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals and after each period of use.
- All food and food contact goods are date coded on arrival and quarantined as appropriate in a designated area. Dry goods are left for 48-72 hours before transferring them to our food stores.
- Chilled Items – where possible outer packaging is removed on unloading, otherwise outer packaging will be cleaned using the appropriate cleaning agents.
- Deliveries are scheduled to allow sufficient time between deliveries to adhere to our safety protocols and also allow for safe distancing during delivery times.
- Waste collection will never coincide with linen and food deliveries.
- Service elevators are treated in the same way as guest elevators. Social distancing among colleagues must be adhered to and the elevators are repeatedly disinfected – paying particular attention to buttons and hand rails.
IN THE KITCHEN
- Kitchens and food prep areas continue to be regularly sanitised and extra care is given to high-touch points. ie: food equipment, food contact surfaces, chopping boards etc.
- We have limited the number of colleagues to a minimum and workstations have been re-arranged so that colleagues are not facing each other.
- All kitchen teams wear disposable masks, gloves, hairnets and other safety equipment as dictated by HACCP based policies. All items are sanitised with appropriate cleaning chemicals, cleaned and replaced as per local policies.
- Our chefs will limit the menus, until further notice, for quality assurance.
- Menu choices have been revised to avoid raw foods or foods that can not be sanitised correctly. This would include items such as non-sanitised salad greens and unpasteurised cheeses.
- All knives and utensils are pasteurised in a dishwasher at a rinse of 82C or sterilised using an autoclave or boiling water.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES OUR COLLEAGUES ARE TAKING
- Random temperature checks will be implemented at the start of each work shift.
- Any colleague experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will be asked not to attend work and to contact their local Public Health centre.
- Hand sanitiser will be used before entering the hotel premises, throughout the day and again when leaving.
- Supervisors will monitor the proper use of protective masks and ensure that protective wear is disposed of and replaced in accordance with Government guidelines.
- Colleague shifts are staggered to ensure adequate social distancing during break times and all colleagues will comply with the 2m social distancing rules.
- Additional training has been provided and supervisors will continue to monitor strict compliance with regards to regular hand washing hygienic cough etiquette. Locker rooms will be thoroughly disinfected daily.
- All windows will be kept open where possible for good ventilation.
- Outer clothing and personal belongings will be kept inside colleague lockers.
- Offices have been rearranged to apply to social distancing regulations.
- We have implemented “working from home” where reasonable, to allow for more adequate office space.
- High touch-points in offices are disinfected regularly.
- Colleague meetings will adhere to social distancing protocol and all necessary sanitisation of meeting space will be implemented. Windows will be open for adequate ventilation and tables/chairs etc will be disinfected after each use.