Eco Awareness at The Killarney Park
Killarney, the town in the park, is synonymous with vast open spaces, greenery, lakes and fresh crispy air. Given a destination so steeped in natural beauty, it would be unacceptable for us not to do our utmost to respect and protect our surrounding environment.
The team at The Killarney Park are committed to creating a sustainable vacation option for visitors to enjoy. We want our guests to feel confident that while staying at The Killarney Park, we are taking every possible measure to make the visit as gentle on the environment as possible.
Play your part in protecting the planet by choosing our Eco Awareness Package at The Killarney Park. Spend two nights in the heart of Killarney Town. Park the car up (complimentary off-street parking with electric car points available) and take full advantage of our superb central location.
Stroll across the road and directly into 25,000 acres of National Parkland. Bike, hike, scoot, horse-ride, jaunt, amble, skate or jog your way around this amazing landscape. There really is something for everyone.
To maintain Eco Awareness, we encourage you to make use of our complimentary push scooters and bikes to explore the park.
As an extra perk we will gift you a sustainable water bottle to take away with you and we are happy to share that we have a chilled water filter system available to our guests at reception, meaning we can rule out single use plastic bottles.
While you are staying at The Killarney Park on the Eco Awareness Package, we will be organising to have a tree planted, on your behalf. Sleep well knowing that you have taken a small step that will make a big difference to our environment.
Eco Awareness Package Includes:
- Two nights accommodation
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- Killarney Park sustainable water bottles
- We will plant a tree, on your behalf, to help off-set your carbon footprint
- Complimentary use of The Killarney Park push-scooters and bikes
Tel: +353 64 66 35555
What makes The Killarney Park a sustainable hotel option?
- Certified as Single Use Plastic Free by Green Hospitality Ireland.
- Miniature toiletry bottles have been replaced with larger luxury refillable dispensers. This action alone reduced our single use plastic by a whooping 100,000 bottles per annum.
- Compostable take-away cups.
- Metal straws and stirrers.
- Water is bottled in glass, not plastic.
- We have a chilled, filtered water station at our front door.
- The Killarney Park has its own well (water source) which provides the water needs for guests and team members.
- All bottled water, for drinking purposes, is filtered onsite and proceeds for water sales are donated annually to a local sustainable project.
- Leather coasters are used throughout the hotel.
- Guest amenities such as toothbrushes, earbuds, shower hats, vanity kits are either bamboo or a biodegradable material.
- Laundry bags, newspaper delivery bags and guest carrier bags are all a natural material such as linen or paper.
- No plastic bin liners are used and each guest room has a recycling bin.
- We are partnered with Clean The World who assist us in recycling all toiletry waste and used bars of soap.
- The Killarney Park is powered by 100% Green Renewable Gas and Electricity, which is Carbon Neutral.
- Our cleaning products are supplied by Green Clean which means they are allergen and chemical free.
- Porsche designed electric car charging points for guest use.
- Guests have complimentary access to PressReader, an online platform for newspapers and magazines from all over the world. This vastly reduces paper waste.
- The entire hotel operates on LED lighting which saves many tonnes of CO2 energy.
- Cardboard packaging, glass, cans, used light bulbs and batteries are all recycle, we are committed to further reducing waste to landfill.
- Paper usage within the hotel is continually monitored in our efforts to reduce and reuse.
- We are proud members of Repak which is a not-for-profit packaging recycling scheme funded by contributors from over 3,000 member companies nationwide.
- Our team are active members of Killarney Tidy Towns, a voluntary community based group that works to keep our town clean, tidy and sustainable.
- The culinary team are committed to sourcing food from local producers and small artisan businesses in the locality.
- All Cigarette Waste is collected by an Irish Company – Nobutts.ie, which ensures that all plastic from used Cigarettes is Recycled.
The Green Sustainability Team at our hotel are always looking for ways to help reduce our carbon footprint and welcome any questions or suggestions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com