Eco Awareness at The Killarney Park
Killarney, the town in the park, is synonymous with vast open spaces, greenery, lakes and fresh crispy air. Given a destination so steeped in natural beauty, it would be unacceptable for us not to do our utmost to respect and protect our surrounding environment.
The team at The Killarney Park are committed to creating a sustainable vacation option for visitors to enjoy. We want our guests to feel confident that while staying at The Killarney Park, we are taking every possible measure to make the visit as gentle on the environment as possible.
Play your part in protecting the planet by choosing our Eco Awareness Package at The Killarney Park. Spend two nights in the heart of Killarney Town. Park the car up (complimentary off-street parking with electric car points available) and take full advantage of our superb central location.
Stroll across the road and directly into 25,000 acres of National Parkland. Bike, hike, scoot, horse-ride, jaunt, amble, skate or jog your way around this amazing landscape. There really is something for everyone.
To maintain Eco Awareness, we encourage you to make use of our complimentary push scooters and bikes to explore the park.
As an extra perk we will gift you a sustainable water bottle to take away with you and we are happy to share that we have a chilled water filter system available to our guests at reception, meaning we can rule out single use plastic bottles.
While you are staying at The Killarney Park on the Eco Awareness Package, we will be organising to have a tree planted, on your behalf. Sleep well knowing that you have taken a small step that will make a big difference to our environment.
Eco Awareness Package Includes:
- Two nights accommodation
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- Killarney Park sustainable water bottles
- We will plant a tree, on your behalf, to help off-set your carbon footprint
- Complimentary use of The Killarney Park push-scooters and bikes
Tel: +353 64 66 35555
What makes The Killarney Park a sustainable hotel option?
- We are members of The Green Hospitality Programme which is the only Irish environmental certification standard for the hospitality sector.
- We are founding members of The Killarney Hotels Sustainability Group
- We are actively eliminating single use plastic from our hotel.
- Miniature toiletry bottles have been replaced with larger luxury refillable dispensers. This action alone reduced our single use plastic by a whopping 100,000 bottles per annum.
- Take away coffee cups and lids are now compostable.
- Plastic drinking straws and cocktail stirrers have been replaced with metal ones.
- All water bottles are now glass and we have a chilled, filtered water station at our front door for our guest use.
- Coasters are now leather and reusable.
- Guest amenities such as toothbrushes, earbuds, shower hats, vanity kits are now either made with bamboo or a biodegradable material.
- Bedroom plastics – linen/laundry bags, newspaper bags and guest carrier bags have all been replaced with a natural material option, such as linen or paper.
- We no longer use plastic pedal bin liners and have introduced a recycling bin to all guest rooms.
- We have partnered with Clean The World which assist us in recycling any toiletry waste and used bars of soap.
- We use 100% Green Electricity and BioLPG is our primary fuel source.
- Our hot water and heating system is powered by The EscoPod – a prefabricated thermal energy centre that offers massive energy and CO2 reductions.
- We offer Porsche designed electric car charging points for our guests.
- All guests have free access to PressReader an online newspaper option, thus vastly reducing the daily paper waste at our hotel.
- LED lighting is used throughout the hotel, which saves tonnes of CO2 energy.
- Cardboard packaging, glass, cans, used light bulbs and batteries are all returned to suppliers or collected for recycling. We are committed to further reducing waste to landfill.
- We are proud members of Repak which is a not-for-profit packaging recycling scheme.
- Our team are active members of Killarney Tidy Towns.
- As much as possible our culinary team source our food from local producers thereby reducing food miles. We also endeavour to purchase and support small artisan producers.
The Green Sustainability Team at our hotel are always looking for ways to help reduce our carbon footprint and welcome any questions or suggestions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org