Wander Wild Festival
25-27 March 2022
Killarney will fully emerge from lockdown with a vengeance in the coming weeks when the town plays host to the long-awaited Wander Wild Festival. The town is so proud to be hosting the very first post-pandemic festival on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Ireland’s undisputed adventure capital is preparing to take a walk on the wild side with an innovative and exciting programme of events for outdoor enthusiasts, culture and food aficionados and those anxious to make that great escape.
The Wander Wild Festival in Killarney will run from March 25-27 inclusive and it will see the unprecedented limitations of the past two years banished to distant memory as springtime is enthusiastically embraced with pageantry, passion, drama, adventure and action-packed workshops.
The adventures on offer throughout the weekend will include mountain hikes, kayak and boat trips on the lakes, a guided national park cycle, a photography workshop, orienteering, lake walks, rock climbing and abseiling adventures, night nature walks, and a short film festival while plans for an exciting trail race are also at a very advanced stage.
A really novel and fun feature will be sunrise dips in the water at Dundag, yoga sessions at the wellness hub and great activities for children.
An exciting town centre food trail will focus on the authentic tastes of Kerry food and drink and there will be music and fun in lively venues right through the weekend. A number of high-profile guest speakers have been lined up to share their life experiences, including gifted writer and storyteller Michael Harding.
A Taste of Festival Events: (full programme here)
- 9:30am: Summit Carrauntuohill – Ireland’s Highest Peak
- 6:00pm: Opening Night Equinox Parade. A street parade celebrating the death of winter and the birth of spring.
- 8:00pm: Guided Night Walk in Killarney National Park
- 6:25am: Sunrise dip at Dundag
- 9:00am: Photography Workshop
- 9:30am: Summit Carranuntuohill – Ireland’s Highest Peak
- 2:00pm: Guided Pony Trekking
- 4:00pm: Orienteering for the whole family
- 7:00am: Mindful Vinyasa Class
- 9:00am: Mangerton Mountain Guided Walk
- 9:30am: Rock Climbing and Abseiling Adventure
- 7:30pm: Blue Pool Experience