Killarney Winter Escape
2BB + 1 Dinner
Killarney is well known for putting on a great show during the festive season. The streets are adorned with glittering Christmas lights and The Killarney Park is transformed into a magical winter wonderland throughout the remainder of the year.
Winter time offers its own stark beauty, the mountain tops are typically dusted in a gentle coating of snow and very often, crisp dry days await you, challenging you to explore the wide open surroundings. We invite you to seize the moment and steal away to Killarney for a little hide-away break this winter. There’s something quite invigorating about stepping inside from a fresh crisp walk in the natural surroundings of the Killarney National Park, feeling the heat of the open fires and the smell of turf, and then dipping into the steaming outdoor hot tub to ease the muscles, or taking some time out for a little Spa pampering.
So what can you expect on your Winter break in Killarney?
As the large double doors slide open, you’ll be greeted by the warmth of one of many roaring open fires. Members of The Killarney Park team, instantly make you feel at ease and you know that your downtime has just begun. As you explore your new home from home, hang up the car keys if you wish. The Killarney Park is so perfectly situated in the heart of the town and adjacent to the National Park, that there really is no need to get back behind the wheel at all.
A quick stroll around the town is ideal, for a bit of fresh air after your drive, followed by a ambient dinner in either The Peregrine or The Garden Bar, again enjoying the warmth of the fires and the beautiful flavours of Kerry’s local ingredients.
Leisurely breakfasts, lake-side walks in the park, early morning swims in the heated pool and possibly a few hours set aside for some revitalising spa treatments are all perfect ways to give your body the chance it needs to re-set. The Library is a quiet oasis for those wanting to curl up with a hot whiskey and read a good book, while anyone wishing to venture further afield can enjoy coastal day trips to Dingle Peninsula or The Ring of Kerry or explore the wide open beaches along the Wild Atlantic Way. In winter time, everything moves at a slower more leisurely pace. Easy-going chats with the barman, long and lazy dinners at the fireside and a warmth beyond the smile awaits you.
Let us take care of you and rest assured that The Killarney Park has outstanding Covid19 safety protocols in place, to help you feel safe and cared for. Our Winter Escape package includes Two Night’s Accommodation and Breakfast with one Evening Meal. If you’re looking to stay a little longer, we have 3 and 4 night offers too.
Killarney Winter Escape:
- Two nights accommodation
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner one evening (for two adults)
What Else Can We Do?
Our Favourite Winter Tips
- Get that book you’ve been dying to read and find a cosy spot in the Library, curl up at the fireside and sip on a perfect Irish coffee.
- Put on the walking boots and get yourself onto a mountain. Killarney is ideal as there are so many choices depending on fitness levels.
- A personal favourite for the average walker is Torc Mountain. There’s a beautiful waterfall at the base. The climb is not too strenuous but the reward at the top is spectacular.
- Taking things a little more seriously, try out Mangerton mountain. This would be a longer walk and can be thought of as Torc’s “big brother”. Warm clothing is essential as the temperatures at the top drop considerably.
- Hiking enthusiasts and those with a competitive edge and a desire to tick Ireland’s highest mountain off their bucket list can take on the challenge of Carrantuohill. We are happy to recommend local guides and would suggest setting aside a full day for this.
- History and culture fans would enjoy a day of exploring some of Killarney’s famous heritage sites. Killarney House is just across the road from the Hotel. Muckross House, Muckross Abbey, Ross Island Copper Mines, Innisfallen Island, Aghadoe Cathedral and Round Tower and St. Mary’s Cathedral are a few more of our favourites – chat to our outstanding Concierge Team to find out what will suit you best.
- Take advantage of a quiet dip in the pool after breakfast. This is a great way to energise and recharge the batteries and a super way to start the day. Robes and slippers are provided so that you can prepare in the comfort of your rooms if you wish. We recommend you chat to Reception or Concierge about booking some pool time. With distancing and safety policies in place, guest numbers, in the pool, are monitored. Ideally this could be followed by a few hours of spa pampering and downtime.