Nature & Nurture
Two Night Package Break
Killarney is the ideal destination for exploring and creating beautiful summer memories. Surrounded by thousands of acres of wonderful National Park, come and visit us on a long overdue breakaway and enjoy special time with friends and family. The days can be filled with cycling, kayaking, horse-riding, hill walking, fishing, boat trips, mountain climbing, treasure hunts or simply sitting on the lake shore throwing pebbles in the water, the choices are endless.
Our Nature and Nurture package offers guests the space to rejuvenate in the wide outdoors, the time to chill in the relaxed surroundings of our hotel and the taste opportunities to savour some incredible, locally produced foods.
Nature & Nurture Package Includes:
- Two nights accommodation with breakfast each morning
- Light lunch at ‘Picnik’ in the Park, our gorgeous food truck (located adjacent to Muckross)
- Muckross Traditional Farms and Muckross House visitor experience. (access to both is included)
- Dinner on our Garden Terrace
- Complimentary bikes
Available Dates: 1st July – 31st August, 2021
Tel: +353 64 66 35555
Things to do while staying at The Killarney Park?
- Head into the park, entrance gates to The Killarney National Park are located just across the road from the hotel
- Visit Killarney House and Gardens, located at the entrance gates to The Killarney National Park, entrance is free of charge and the gardens are a lovely place to relax with the family.
- Put on the walking boots and get yourself onto a mountain. Killarney is ideal as there are so many choices depending on fitness levels.
- A personal favourite for the average walker is Torc Mountain. There’s a beautiful waterfall at the base. The climb is not too strenuous but the reward at the top is spectacular.
- Taking things a little more seriously, try out Mangerton mountain. This would be a longer walk and can be thought of as Torc’s “big brother”. Warm clothing is essential as the temperatures at the top can drop considerably.
- Hiking enthusiasts and those with a competitive edge and a desire to tick Ireland’s highest mountain off their bucket list can take on the challenge of Carrantuohill. We are happy to recommend local guides and would suggest setting aside a full day for this.
- For families with younger children (roughly age 10 and under) there’s a fabulous walk around Ross Island, starting and ending at Ross Castle. We have a treasure trail map and kids need to find all the hidden markers to win a treat back at the hotel. With the excitement of the treasure hunt, the little ones won’t even realise the distance they’ve covered on this loop walk.
- History and culture fans would enjoy a day of exploring some of Killarney’s famous heritage sites. Muckross House, Killarney House, Muckross Abbey, Ross Island Copper Mines, Innisfallen Island, Aghadoe Cathedral and Round Tower and St. Mary’s Cathedral are a few favourites.
- Take advantage of an early morning dip in the pool. This is a great way to energise and recharge the batteries and a super way to start the day. Robes and slippers are provided so that you can prepare in the comfort of your rooms if you wish. We recommend you chat to Reception or Concierge about booking some pool time. With distancing and safety policies in place, guest numbers, in the pool, are monitored. Ideally this could be followed by a few hours of spa pampering and downtime.