Our Toast To Thanksgiving Traditions
Your experience begins the moment you step into our grand lobby for check-in. As you make your way to your room, a haven of comfort and elegance, you’ll be greeted with a special turndown amenity – a bottle of Muckross Gin, a taste of Killarney’s finest.
Once settled, you’re cordially invited to a complimentary drinks reception back in the lobby. Here, amidst the soft clink of glasses and the gentle hum of conversation, you can toast to the blessings of the year and the memories that await.
As evening descends, prepare for a culinary journey in the festive surrounds of The Peregrine restaurant. Chef Eric has crafted a Thanksgiving-themed six-course dinner, celebrating the season’s bounty and the traditions we hold dear.
But the festivities don’t end at the dinner table. As night falls, the vibrant Thanksgiving Parade will pass through the town at 7 pm, a spectacle not to be missed.
After a night of celebration, retreat to the comfort of your luxurious accommodation, and wake up refreshed to a hearty breakfast, setting the perfect tone for the day ahead.
The Thanksgiving Elegance Package Includes:
- Special Turndown Amenity: A bottle of Muckross Gin in your room.
- Complimentary Drinks Reception in the lobby.
- Thanksgiving-themed 6-course Dinner in The Peregrine.
- Thanksgiving Parade through the town at 7 pm.
- Overnight Accommodation in our luxurious rooms.
- Hearty Breakfast the following morning.
- Pool & Leisure Facilities: Dive into relaxation with full access to our pool and leisure amenities.
OUR TOP TIPS
THINGS TO DO IN KILLARNEY
- Get that book you’ve been dying to read and find a cosy spot in the Library, curl up at the fireside and sip on a perfect Irish coffee.
- Take a stroll around Killarney town and enjoy the Christmas lights and decor. The Cathedral is also spectacularly lit during the festive season.
- Put on the walking boots and get yourself onto a mountain. Killarney is ideal as there are so many choices depending on fitness levels.
- A personal favourite for the average walker is Torc Mountain. There’s a beautiful waterfall at the base. The climb is not too strenuous but the reward at the top is spectacular.
- Taking things a little more seriously, try out Mangerton mountain. This would be a longer walk and can be thought of as Torc’s “big brother”. Warm clothing is essential as the temperatures at the top drop considerably.
- Hiking enthusiasts and those with a competitive edge and a desire to tick Ireland’s highest mountain off their bucket list can take on the challenge of Carrantuohill. We are happy to recommend local guides and would suggest setting aside a full day for this.
- History and culture fans would enjoy a day of exploring some of Killarney’s famous heritage sites. Killarney House is just across the road from the Hotel. Muckross House, Muckross Abbey, Ross Island Copper Mines, Innisfallen Island, Aghadoe Cathedral and Round Tower and St. Mary’s Cathedral are a few more of our favourites – chat to our outstanding Concierge Team to find out what will suit you best.
- Take advantage of a quiet dip in the pool after breakfast. This is a great way to energise and recharge the batteries and a super way to start the day. Robes and slippers are provided so that you can prepare in the comfort of your rooms if you wish. We recommend you chat to Reception or Concierge about booking some pool time. With distancing and safety policies in place, guest numbers, in the pool, are monitored. Ideally this could be followed by a few hours of spa pampering and downtime.